Now that you understand why you need goals, let’s talk about how to define them!
If you are interested in the presentation that was used in the creation of this post and podcast, you can get it here.
This podcast focused on how to define goals. There are six very important aspects that are discussed.
- Make Them Motivating
- Link to the Business or Your Vision
- Engage Others
- Make Them SMART
- Write Them Down
- Make Them Visible
There is also a Goal Propagation tool that is described as part of linking to the business.
If you pay attention to all of these aspects in defining your work and personal goals, they will be amazing!
You can listen to the podcast above. Or on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts.
No surprise, the action is around defining work and personal goals.
- Create personal and work goals.
- You may have already completed this for work. If not, now is the time to create them!
- From a personal perspective, even if you just create one or two, that is a great start!
- As you do this, make them MOTIVATING, link them to the BUSINESS or YOUR VISION, ENGAGE WITH OTHERS as makes sense, make them SMART, and make them VISIBLE!
I hope you enjoy the podcast!